Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-05-2015 , 08:49 AM
Subscriber

House Update

Hi all,

Just wanted to post something on the house I have been working on. Great tutorial from Dave user added image

I am having a few issues with the lighting though, the patio door on the right, there is a blue tint I have no clue where that is coming from and just cannot get rid of it.

Also I want to place some Ivy on the house, does anyone have any tips on rendering the Ivy using V-Ray?

I have done the Ivy, created a Paint FX object and transferred the materials to the leaves, along with the stems, this renders good in MR but in V-Ray it just renders grey.

Many thanks

Myth

Attached Thumbnails

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1
# 2 29-05-2015 , 11:12 AM
SM Tea Boy
you made the garage user added image the blue is a bit weird if you want to send me the scene file i can take a look at it for you. dave@simplymay.com

As for the ivy try the two sided material in vray for the leaves this will give them just a little translucency.

Looking good so far it's a nice scene to practice your texturing and lighting on.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 30-05-2015 , 09:50 AM
Subscriber
many thanks Dave, Ill send over the scene file now.

Cheers Myth

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1
# 4 30-05-2015 , 10:23 AM
SM Tea Boy
I've emailed you the reason for the blue but i'll also leave it here in case anyone else has the same problem

The blue is coming from the glass material you are using, more specifically the fog you are using on the glass material. Set the fog multiplier to 0 and the index or refraction (IOR) should be 1 for window glass otherwise every time you looked out the window you'd see a distorted image.

Hope that helps
David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 03-06-2015 , 04:48 PM
Subscriber
thanks for the information and help Dave, much appreciated, I have done another render, although the windows look like they are not there, any advice to maybe get them looking a little realer?

Cheers Myth

Attached Thumbnails