Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-03-2018 , 09:15 PM

Building scene aligned to the grid

Hey All!

Quick question. I'm attempting to model out a small portion of a city to later move my camera through for a simple scene. I want to utilize a picture for the basis of the blockout of the city, and change it into a different city.
I know in Blender there is a way to set up the camera so that the scene is properly aligned with the grid so that building the project is pretty straight forward from then on. Their plug in is called BAM:camera alignment tool. I don't think Maya has anything as progressive as that, but I thought I'd ask.
If not, then I know I'll have to manually align it. That's where I'm having troubles. I've included a pic of a basic block along with several drawn in red lines to show you how I currently have it aligned. I was going off from the horizon being lined up with what looks to be the sky's horizon, not sure if this is correct.
Any ideas?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/npfisl5m01...46_40.png?dl=0