Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-08-2012 , 06:46 AM

Jet Flames in Maya?

Hello Simbly Maya user added image ,

I am working on a project using Maya 2011. There is this character with jetpacks. user added image

user added image So is there anyone who would like to help me out with particles in maya. Any tutorials, any links, any download that might help me out?

would prefer the flame to be somewhat similar to the youtube link user added image
Links:
Jet Funny Cars Up Close! - YouTube
the color can be more fantasy types. Googled it using few terms but found nothing interesting. user added image

Please help me out at the earliest possible. user added image

Till then bye tc and wish you all luck with your career. user added image

user added image

# 2 08-08-2012 , 07:12 AM
checkout the video from 1.23

# 3 08-08-2012 , 01:17 PM
The thin red line

# 4 10-08-2012 , 09:52 AM
DUDE one a serious note. You saved my day like some Powerpuff girl.

Lots of Hugs and kisses to you my dear brother.

# 5 11-08-2012 , 07:46 AM
you created a great tutorial buddy. Your exhaust was going in a straight line so the flame was coned.
My character is movie throughout the screen, so how do i maintain a cone shape. The Jet pack effect??? Possible???? user added image

Once again thanks for that customized tutorial. I was like "star of the day" for my team when i took that tutorial to our studio user added image

# 6 11-08-2012 , 08:37 AM
The thin red line
Yes the jet exaust is set up for a normal jet or rocket going farward, to get the effect you need try changing the emitter to directional then it will be a case of changing the speed setting..................dave

# 7 27-01-2020 , 05:05 PM
HEy, do you have a functioning tutorial for that? The old link leads to a 404 page :/