Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-06-2004 , 11:15 AM
Subscriber

AutoCAD 2 Maya !

OK guys - here is an example of the glorious (!!!) DXF_DWG import capablity of Maya. As you may read in their website - Maya is capable of importing DXF / DWG files without any problem

Well if you were into architectural vis. as I am - Be carefull:

Maya does NOT import blockes correctly from AutoCAD and it shows only one copy of them , somewhere in its 3D space, definitely not where they should be - It doesnot even try to explode them into curves or whatever and put it where it should.

Also I Attach an image of a file (all 2D) both from AutoCAD and the resulting file in Maya.

I sent it to a friend who uses Maya 6 and he says he got the same result .

in a nutshell - SHAME !

BTW - I used AutoCAD 14 and tried both DXF and DWG...

NIR:angry: user added image :angry: user added image :angry: user added image user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com

Last edited by nirsul; 17-06-2004 at 11:18 AM.
# 2 17-06-2004 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber
SOLUTION:

After hours of Trial and error:

most of the layer names were too long.

I guess Maya trims the names and thus having many layers with the same name - Instead of unifying those - it just drops it !

This is poor programming (maybe lazy programming...)

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com