Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 16-08-2007 , 09:14 PM

Bedroom

Acid44, MasterYoda and I have been working on an animation. And this last render is so good that I just had to post it here.

The animation is about a garbage man called Hank. The image is his bedroom.

Hope you like user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 2 16-08-2007 , 09:17 PM
Acid44
HAHA my names first that means i am the ruler!!!!!:p

# 3 17-08-2007 , 12:42 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
" HAHA my names first that means i am the ruler!!!!!"

The room seems a bit small in particular the height of the ceiling oh glorious leader:bow: :bow: :lmao:

# 4 17-08-2007 , 04:49 AM
Looking good so far. Adding some baseboards and maybe even some trim might spruce it up a little.

Also it looks like the light source in the corner is above the lamp instead of in the lamp. If so, just lower the light source and then select the lamp shade and turn off cast shadows. That way the light will go through the lamp shade. You can also make the lamp shade translucent so you can actually see the light shining through it.

Nice job so far everyone!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 5 26-08-2007 , 07:27 AM
Subscriber
Hey there,

I reckon what would spice this render would be to, add a window and have a light source coming outside from there instead of a lamp ... this would make the render looking more realistic as from my point of view, it looks like theres alot of green light.

Marlon

# 6 26-08-2007 , 08:46 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by mastone
" HAHA my names first that means i am the ruler!!!!!"

The room seems a bit small in particular the height of the ceiling oh glorious leader:bow: :bow: :lmao:

louis is in charge of the architecture and i dont have the file so dont come beggin to your god anymore YA HEAR ME!?!?!?!?!!?:p

# 7 28-08-2007 , 05:41 PM
Hey thanks for the reply guys.
To perfecto or others: how do I make the lamp shade translucent?

And does that mean I am the ruler now acid? Seeing as I hold the holy and mighty project file. :attn:

Here's a render of the kitchen just for the hell of it. (Sorry for the crap quality. Internet is slow so using the small version)

Attached Thumbnails

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 8 29-08-2007 , 03:53 AM
Subscriber
cool so far, as i said ... make a window and have that as your light source! :p but yeah its up to you mate, user added image

user added image

# 9 30-08-2007 , 11:17 AM
Here's a little something simple I did during my lunch break. I hope it helps.

A simple light with casts shadows off and some translucence.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 10 30-08-2007 , 11:19 AM
I selected my lamp shade and then opened the attribute editor. Then I clicked on the shape node tab. Then I expanded the "Render Stats". Then I unchecked "Casts Shadows".

Now the light passes through the lamp shade.

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!
# 11 30-08-2007 , 11:23 AM
With my lamp shade still selected and the attribute editor open, I clicked on the "blinn3" node tab. Then I adjusted the "Translucence" setting as well as the "Translucence Depth" and "Translucence Focus".

Now instead of my lamp shade being black, it appears to look like the light is passing through it.

Just play with the settings until you get what you want.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 12 30-08-2007 , 11:27 AM
Here's my point light settings. Again this is just a basic settup with basic materials, nothing fancy. But my light source is inside my lamp shade. I hope this helps you out some. Your project is looking great.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 13 30-08-2007 , 07:14 PM
WOOOOAAH. THANKS PERFECTO. That helps HEAPS. Will post a render with the new settings shortly. Thanks all of you.

And just a note, the final thing has been porsponed till the next years film festival.