Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-12-2008 , 04:37 AM

SimplyMax - Query.

Hi everyone,

I'm really new to this community so, please forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions and/or I'm posting this in the wrong area of the forums.

I'm also very new to 3D designing and was considering learning how to use 3DS Max, which lead me to the SimplyMax website. I was wondering if it's worth buying some of the tutorials from their site so I decided to register on their forums and ask. However my account is yet to be activated by an admin so unfortunatly I can't ask there.

I was a little shocked to find that there are very few posts on their forums that aren't over a year old, infact their forums seem.. kinda dead. So it's safe to say that I don't exactly expect my account to be activated anytime soon.

So basically I was wondering if anyone has ever used their tutorials (the ones you need to buy with credit points) and if they are any good, how old are they and if they are do'able with 3DS Max 2009? Also if theres any other sites I should check out that have decent video tutorials.

Obviously I've not had much luck with the SimplyMax website and obviously, I don't wanna start paying for tutorials if they end up being old and rubbish.

I'm using 3DS Max 2009 - So would I need video tutorials made, using the same version of Max.

Thanks ALOT for any help. Again, sorry if this isn't posted in the right forum or whatever!

# 2 04-12-2008 , 09:20 AM
Subscriber
Yeah the forum has been dead for quiet a while... My best guess about purchasing/activate account would be to PRIV Message David(Site owner) which would take care of that stuff for you.

As for the tutorials, i generally dont think they would be too "old" for studioMAX 9, since there are many tutorials out in the web which are 3 versions lower and still do able.

# 3 06-12-2008 , 12:15 AM
Cheers a billion million MarlonJohn!

If anyones interested, I've sorted out my problems with the SimplyMax site and downloaded the 'Haunted House' modeling tutorial.

I think it's a fantastic tutorial and one I would certainly recommend to others.

Thanks again MarlonJohn.

# 4 06-12-2008 , 02:52 AM
Subscriber
Glad it all worked out user added image