Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-03-2012 , 12:16 AM
Subscriber

Low Poly Modeling Game Characters

Does this tutorial box model in the traditional manor or is it similar to the Victorian Farm House modeling tutorial?

Thanks.

# 2 07-03-2012 , 12:42 PM
Administrator
It doesn't I think but both of these use box modeling and they're newer tutorials;

Surfing with the Alien volume 1
You can read reviews for this tutorial by other members here and here.
Chef Ramsay

I added a couple of points to your account so you can download part 1 for each of these and see if it's what you're looking for, in my opinion they're the best character modeling tutorials on the site and they're geared towards beginners/intermediate Maya users so you'd learn a lot from watching either one.

There's the GI as well also by Jay which is box modeling, it's a bit older though and also it's a really long project to take on if you're just getting started so I'd say Chef Ramsay or the alien is a better place to start.

So check them out and let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Nilla

# 3 07-03-2012 , 04:23 PM
Subscriber

It doesn't I think but both of these use box modeling and they're newer tutorials;

Surfing with the Alien volume 1
You can read reviews for this tutorial by other members here and here.
Chef Ramsay

I added a couple of points to your account so you can download part 1 for each of these and see if it's what you're looking for, in my opinion they're the best character modeling tutorials on the site and they're geared towards beginners/intermediate Maya users so you'd learn a lot from watching either one.

There's the GI as well also by Jay which is box modeling, it's a bit older though and also it's a really long project to take on if you're just getting started so I'd say Chef Ramsay or the alien is a better place to start.

So check them out and let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Nilla

Thanks Nilla! I will keep you updated with my progress. Really appreciate the tokens to check those videos out.