Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-04-2003 , 12:35 AM
Simply Maya OG

Hybrid VS TwistedDragon33 - Skateboard Truck

Topic: Skateboard Truck
Model Type: Polys
Time Limit: 8 Days
Textures: No

I myself (Hybrid) will be using Maya, and TwistedDragon33 will be using Lightwave to model (as we all know, Twisted is working on getting Maya SOON).

Other Rules: A wireframe must be posted atleast once a day, to show progress. The Final Render must be Polygons, but you may use any other type to start out with.

Here is what the object looks like, as Im pretty sure most of you have no idea what it is user added image Alittle backround info: the truck is use to steer the skateboard, and attaches the board to the wheels. A truck consists of the following: a Hanger, a Baseplate, a Kingpin, and two bushings (often called "Doh-Dohs").

user added image
user added image
user added image

- Hybrid
# 2 08-04-2003 , 01:10 AM
Okay then. ill get working on it tomorrow after school(he needs to let me borrow a truck in school so i know what im modeling).

and for the record. he has already modeled one of theseuser added image

# 3 08-04-2003 , 01:41 AM
Subscriber
Lol, (most of us wont know what it is)... i dont know about that hybrid user added image. Cant wait to see progress.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 4 08-04-2003 , 01:57 AM
im going to get my ass handed to me...

i dont even know what one of these things look like yet. lol.

Ryan, next im going to challenge you to something you have no clue what it looks like. lol. like a wakasashi.

# 5 08-04-2003 , 02:49 PM
Simply Maya OG
Ok, due to a few problems, Twisted and I have decided to postpond this battle for about a week. Oh, and Twisted is right, I have modeled one before. user added image Your DEAD buddy user added image

- Hybrid
# 6 08-04-2003 , 04:29 PM
I think ill get started on it and ditch the project when we officially start... i need practice. now that i have the model.

# 7 08-04-2003 , 07:00 PM
Subscriber
a skateboard truck is the metal thing (there are 2) on the underside of the board, the things that hold the wheels

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 8 09-04-2003 , 02:05 AM
I know what it is, but Hybrid is a die hard skater, even build them in real life. so now i have a real life reference i should do fine i guessuser added image

# 9 09-04-2003 , 12:19 PM
Subscriber
ok hope you guys have a great battle user added image
--
hybrid what deck you use ? most of the time

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 10 09-04-2003 , 04:21 PM
we will have a great battle ( i did mention i plan to sneak into his house and take/Alter his modeluser added image)

# 11 09-04-2003 , 04:25 PM
Yeah.. ihave no board but im borrowing one of his old ones to learn. Sorry if this posts before his. hes next to me in comp lab so i can see his replies while replying.. freaky huh?

I like Zero boards and plan on getting one maybe. along with a few others. Well.... if he ever presses enter... aw whatever. (sends)

# 12 09-04-2003 , 04:26 PM
Simply Maya OG
Im sure you will Twisted. LOL. Mumbo man, currently Im skating a Lib Tech (a Dan Paguoe [sp?] deck, its green, called "Night Vision" if Im correct). Im a BIG fan of Black Label (just ask Twisted) and Zero. I wear Circa/Etnies (if anyone cares LOL). Havent skated ina while because of the weather here in NY....STUPID SNOW! ITS APRIL, AND ITS SNOWING!!!! But anyways, yea. user added image

- Hybrid
# 13 09-04-2003 , 06:56 PM

Originally posted by I-Iybrid
Havent skated ina while because of the weather here in NY....STUPID SNOW! ITS APRIL, AND ITS SNOWING!!!! But anyways, yea. user added image

wuss! skateboarding shouldnt be bad at all in the snow! just find a semi clear area like at a shopping center or something. when it snowed like 2ft, i build a 4' jump out of snow and covered it with wood! i rode that with my bike like every single day, while other people just complained user added image

# 14 09-04-2003 , 08:12 PM
Simply Maya OG
Yea. See, thats the thing dbirider. All the open/semi clear areas are still wet from the rain, and all kinds of mud here and there. Trust me, if you lived here in the town of Queersbury, you'd know what Im talking about, right Mario? Next year, Im gonna get a snowskate, and drill holes thru it for the trucks, and just use a old set of wheels/bearings and skate in the snow/rain user added image I got a picture of my deck/board around here somewheres...lemme find it, and Ill post it up (for the curious ones).

- Hybrid
# 15 09-04-2003 , 08:17 PM
Simply Maya OG
Heres my current board im using. Note the trucks.

- Hybrid