Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 31 30-04-2003 , 03:57 PM
Subscriber
Hi EagleKing,

You're welcome... glad that it helped you... user added image

btw. I have made a little tut about preparing a "image plane"/reference/blueprint in photoshop... and how to set it up in maya... you can get it here... I don't know if you can use it... user added image

I will also try soon to make a little tut about the working on one half object... which I have learned from Kühl... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 32 30-04-2003 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
Hey strarup.... very nice work.. I see you are getting familiar with CPS. You were right, I had a older version of CPS, so I have updated to version 3.5 like youself ;-)

Actually version 3.5 have a mirror/stitch tool itself, so you wont have to use the method i showed you. Just remember to uncheck "keep border" for the best result.

By this way you dont have to move pivot and mirror an instance.

If you by some reason want to do the mirror yourself, there is already a tut about it here: https://www.3dcentral.com/tut1.html

PS. strarup: if you dont have it allready, you need to get MJPolyTools at www.maya3d.dk

Looking forward to see more of your work

Regards

Kühl

Kühl

Last edited by Kühl; 30-04-2003 at 05:56 PM.
# 33 01-05-2003 , 07:27 AM
Kevin
wow starup, I have only just seen this thread... you out done yourself mate, some very help full posts mate!!

well done dude

# 34 01-05-2003 , 11:36 AM
Subscriber
Hi Kühl,

thank you very much... user added image

I'm trying to get familar with CPS... but there a still some big holes here and there... where I sometimes gets stuck in... user added image

I have downloaded MJPolyTools some time ago... but haven't really worked with it... I'm still trying to figure out how to use it...

Hi Kevin,

thanx to you to... user added image

unfortunately I didn't made it finish before the deadline... but I have learned a lot... and will continueing experimention with the figure... see if I can get it some texturing on it... e.g. rig it etc... and then she maybe will popup in the WIP section... who knows... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...