Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 09-07-2003 , 06:33 PM
The Maya Mountain

Originally posted by Witchy
Well done! That's great. Perhaps you and/or Mike might do a little diary of your experiences, like a day in the life of, once you get settled in! Congratulations!

I might could do something like this, but it wouldn't be until AFTER the game is released... sorry.

# 17 09-07-2003 , 07:59 PM
Subscriber
Oh it was only an aside if you had time! Just thought it would be jolly at some point, not a DO THIS NOW thing; I am sure you have quite enough of those user added image As someone never likely to be connected to the industry I thought an insider view would be pretty interesting.

# 18 09-07-2003 , 09:46 PM
Subscriber
Do you need assistance ?? ;O))) I'll fly there for you *g*....congratulations man....this is more than just inspiring !!

cheers

b u l l e t

# 19 09-07-2003 , 11:02 PM
The Maya Mountain

Originally posted by Witchy
Oh it was only an aside if you had time! Just thought it would be jolly at some point, not a DO THIS NOW thing; I am sure you have quite enough of those user added image As someone never likely to be connected to the industry I thought an insider view would be pretty interesting.

It's not so much as a time issue, as a legal issue. I'm prevented from openly displaying art that I do or talking about the game specifics in general to the public until after it is released. So, any "journal" type thing would only be able to be openly posted at such time. user added image

# 20 09-07-2003 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
Joys of the NDA, chortle.

# 21 13-07-2003 , 03:42 AM
I can't believe Im the first to ask this...

What was it that landed you the job? What did you do on your reel? How did you type your resume? What did you do at the interview? Spill! Spill! Fill us wannabe's in so that we may fulfill our dreams as well. user added image

Mmmm. Cinematics... That's what I want to do. I see myself as a 'cinematics' type of guy. :p

Anyway. Fill us in on the details of how you got the job. And congrats!

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 22 15-07-2003 , 03:20 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll be sure to continue to hang around here as often as possible user added image

I'm spreading the word of simplymaya.com everywhere I go. I'll be going to both the Comic-Con and Siggraph convention here in San Diego, and the AWGUA party during Siggy. I will be the SM representative there. I wonder if I should wear a tie? Naaa... hehe.

Thanks again, and I'll share my experiences when i get the chance.

George

God Bless you and 3D
# 23 15-07-2003 , 03:37 AM
Subscriber
Ive been to the comic con a few times. Say hello to Dan Panosian for me user added image