Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 11-02-2003 , 06:26 AM
Subscriber

Gallery submission #2

Here's my shading and lighting project
Oh yeah, I have another version without the carpet, I wanted to see what a hardwood floor would turn out like. The walls are a little lighter too, but the instructor said to add a rug at the last minute.

# 2 11-02-2003 , 12:31 PM
really nice but you can tell that the background is an image plane behind the window. The background lacks depth.

The carpet also looks too straight edged it would have a rough edge where it's been worn a bit.

But this isn't a WIP so well done, i like it and the light from the windows on the floor looks really cool!

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 11-02-2003 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber
Hi,

I probably could use depth of field on the image plane to make it look more realistic couldn't I? I'll have to try that and see how it looks.

I hate the carpet myself, and never wanted to add it.

thanks, I like the light too

# 4 12-02-2003 , 12:42 AM
why not "roughen up" the carpet with a noise or a fractal attribute on the material?

Or take it out and just have the hardwood floor? If it was needed for the assignment fair enough but if you don't like it take it out! user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 12-02-2003 , 12:45 AM
Pretty good bud.....Might want to add a few things.. more paneling and maybe a picture....

Keep it up

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 6 12-02-2003 , 05:59 AM
Subscriber
thanks, I liked the simplicity of it, but I may take out the carpet and add some other things to make a new version.