Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-04-2005 , 11:06 PM

Head Modeling Next Step

Hi, i modeled 3 heads now. I UVed mapped them, and now i was about to texture them.

But now that i think, i should start putting in hair/ eyelashes/ eyebrows. I'm thinking of using PaintFX in Maya to create them. I've found some tutorials on how to do hair using control curves.

i was wondering, what the most effective and efficient way of creating hair/ eyebrows/ eyelashes with PaintFX would be.

For eyelashes, i think the best way would be using the control curves, but for eyebrows... perhaps using nurbs surface?.. i'm not sure if i should use all same methods on all three different parts of hair.

user added image

*they are 3 seperate files, i just imported them to show on same image file

*i got rid of all refines just for now. i'll add sub-d refines when after textures and hair is all in place