Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-03-2016 , 12:42 PM

Krakatoa with Maya Deformed Particles

Hi,

I am having trouble with a scene where I have used a deformer (lattice) on nome Maya Particles and am trying to cache these out using the Particle Solver in Krakatoa.

In the Solver dialogue it gives two options for particle sources to choose from. The particleShape and deformed_particleShape.

If I select the particleShape and cache that out then I just get the original particle sim when I load it back in with a Particle Loader - this seems to make sense I guess.

If I select the deformed_particleShape and try to cache that out then when I bring it back in with a Particle Loader then I get nothing, no particles at all. Also while caching I get an error in the status bar that reads:

Error: Particle channel "particle" has size 0, differing from the total number of particles, 2062.

Any ideas how to get the deformed cache out to Krakatoa?

Thanks in advance!

Chris