Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 12-04-2009 , 01:25 PM
Lifetime Member

Insert Edge Loop not displaying

Hiya all,

I'm busy with the Chef Ramsay tut and I've just about finished the jacket and trousers. For some reason I have lost all visual feedback on the "Insert Edge Loop" tool. Usually, when inserting an edge loop, I'd have a dotted green line moving on the edge I'm inserting on, though this is missing now for some reason. All I get is the knife type pointer and then nothing until I finish the command, where I then see the new edge loop.

So, select Insert Edge Loop, click on edge. Expect to see dotted line move with mouse as I move on the edge...It's not there!

This only happens in this one scene. If I start a new scene the tool functions as usual. Maybe a setting has gone ape?

Any help appreciated. I'm on 2009 SP1.

-Jacques

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2
# 2 12-04-2009 , 08:16 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
If a setting has gone off track reset the tool in the tool options or export the object as an obj, then bring it in again, might be something as easy as that. Maya has that tendency to work in this manner

J

# 3 12-04-2009 , 08:48 PM
Lifetime Member
Will try that Jay, thanks!

edit: Importing the old objects into a new scene worked!

-Jacques

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2

Last edited by halfloaf; 12-04-2009 at 08:50 PM.