Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 05-08-2018 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber

clean and convert imported curves

I'm importing construction curves from Illustrator for a building model.

I'm trying to remove all points between the corner points of a curve so that just the corner points remain.

The curve should also be converted to linear degree so that when I move a corner point the curve segments should remain straight and not bend.

I tried the Rebuild tool with the following options changed from their default setting:
Keep: CVs
Degree: Linear

This made the curve linear, but the curve points between the corner points remain and I have to remove them manually.

Using option "Keep: Ends" removes the points between the corners but distorts the shape of the curve!

Is there a way to convert to linear degree and automatically remove the points between the corners without distorting the shape of the curve?

Please see attached image.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-08-2018 , 03:11 AM
SM Tea Boy
That i know of there is no way to do this automatically. If you find a way do let us know. Maybe someone here has an answer i'd be interested to find out myself

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"