Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-11-2007 , 12:50 AM

animation controls

Hi everyone
I am a newbie in the forum and just learning maya. I have a big problem to set up the controls in the character to make an animation. Everything seems to be ok but at the end after grouped all controls I can't move the bones well. It looks very strange. The bones come and the controls are behind as something hold it. I would like to have an idea how I can fix it. It is a test in the university and I am in deadline to render the character.
Thanks
Elenir

# 2 08-11-2007 , 08:07 AM

hmmm...

Simple! Group the controls and the parent them to the corresponding joint. Make that a child of the joint.

EA Games

Last edited by djknucklez1; 08-11-2007 at 08:09 AM.
# 3 08-11-2007 , 08:09 AM

Oh yeah!

Make a group of each control. So, select each control and group it. THen parent the control to the joint.

EA Games
# 4 08-11-2007 , 09:20 AM
It is already done. All the controls are gruped and parent and evrything is in the hipcontrol. I also gruped the root and constrained it ( scale and parent). The IKHandels are constrained on scale separateley. At the end there is a master control which is constrained ( scale and parent) with the hipcontrol and IKHandel.
Thanks
Elenir

# 5 09-11-2007 , 05:13 AM
I would have to look an your hypergraph to see what the problem is.

EA Games
# 6 09-11-2007 , 07:13 AM
I post the file on the animation topic with the subject rigging and controls. If you would like to take a look.
As I didn't have many time I did the animation without controls but it was very hard work and it is not a good job. Anyway I would like to know what is the problem and how can fix it.
Thanks
Elenir

# 7 09-11-2007 , 07:14 AM
Sorry, the subject is rigging and animation
Elenir