Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-05-2008 , 06:24 AM

Simple Animation Problem! Help!!!

I modeled two rings and i am trying to rotate them along y-axis. The problem is when i run my animation two rings are rotating at different speeds. I tried grouping them together but still its not working. I want the two rings to rotate together at same speed.

Please help!!!:headbang:

# 2 16-05-2008 , 08:23 AM
Are the keys all set at the same place in the timeline? are they both set to the same values on each key? (easiest way to check is to open your graph editor and make sure the rotate why curve looks exactly the same for both.) Are the rings the same size?

# 3 16-05-2008 , 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
I can't see why that would happen if you key the y rotation the same value at the same points in time on both objects. You can copy paste the curves if that helps.

- Genny

Last edited by GecT; 16-05-2008 at 08:35 AM.
# 4 16-05-2008 , 12:44 PM
Thanks guys your suggestions helped me solve the problem.

>select all >delete history>center pivot point of the group> select the group and then keyframe etc...

What i was doing was manually selecting all the rings and then doing key framing, which was wrong because i was not doing key framing for the group.

Thanks A Lot.
:attn: