Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 31-01-2009 , 11:00 PM
Subscriber

Demo Reel: DVD's or URL's ?????

Hi Everyone,

Finishing up my Demo Reel and I'm wondering do people mail DVD's or just send links embedded in their emails in response to job postings? Or do Both?

Also any other advice in regards to job seeking will be greatly apperciated.

Thanks

# 2 01-02-2009 , 02:59 AM
Jr.Who
I would just email it.

# 3 01-02-2009 , 10:39 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Do both, as sometimes if you apply for a job and send a link to your reel, they do from time to time ask for a dvd version. Its also worth checking any company's web site for submission guidelines as people like LucasArts for example have various pdf's to download that will need a release form signed before sending work to them.

In a way it is actually better as it saves them sorting through thousands of links, plus the fact it shows if you are serious about working for them then a trip to the local Post office with your demo reel isnt too much hassle either.

Jay

# 4 01-02-2009 , 12:59 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
It depends on the company you are applying to and how you present it.
If it's a big company (ILM PIXAR), you'd better wow them with nice cover design and not some blanc dvd cover with my reel scribbled on the dvd.
It also depends on how you want to present yourself
good luck

# 5 01-02-2009 , 10:29 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mastone
It depends on the company you are applying to and how you present it.
If it's a big company (ILM PIXAR), you'd better wow them with nice cover design and not some blanc dvd cover with my reel scribbled on the dvd.
It also depends on how you want to present yourself
good luck

well, i'm glad i went to the trouble of creating a dvd cover for my showreel,

here take a look, nothing amazing, but it's better then a blank cover,

sent off like 10 showreels on dvd last friday, now it's time to play the waiting game,

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 01-02-2009 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
Man I really would change that text font - it`s almost unreadable

# 7 02-02-2009 , 08:42 AM
Wether on a pdf or with the dvd/ cd include your breakdowns. If a company asks you to sign alot of stuff to accompany your reel read it all, there may be a cheeky line like 'all your work is now owned by us, thanks!!'.

FX supervisor - double negative