Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-02-2017 , 04:30 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Maya files spread out

Hey all, so I installed Maya 2015 the other day, and immediately noticed a HUGE performance issue. Opening the program takes about 30seconds to a minute, closing dialogue boxes has an input delay, everything is delayed by a few seconds.

Today I got annoyed and opened up the script editor right when it opened to see if maybe it was hanging up on a plug-in or something....and I noticed something strange, Maya is calling files from ALL of my HDDs...I have 3, and during the install it appears to have installed files on all 3 HDDs. Before I uninstall and install everything again, I was wondering if anyone had issues like this OR if this could even be why it's having it's lag issues. I suspect that this is the problem though, as it's trying to call information spread out across multiple locations.