Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 28-04-2015 , 04:37 AM

How to fill gap in model

I can't figure out how to get faces created in this gap for my model. I can't get an edge created between the vertices so I can bridge them to fill the gap from the outside of my bowl to the inside of. Anytime I try to connect the vertices it's only let me do it on the surrounding faces to an edge and not across the gap.

https://i.imgur.com/0vagrEe.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-04-2015 , 01:29 PM
Try the bridge tool for this.

# 3 28-04-2015 , 01:58 PM
after watching another tutorial this morning I think I know what I was doing wrong. I was only selecting one edge and trying to bridge that. I'll try giving this another shot when I get home. Thanks!

# 4 29-04-2015 , 02:59 PM
Well the bridge somewhat worked. The two faces at the bottom that come in at an angle I was able to bridge however the two other faces which come straight down refuse to bridge. Nothing happens when I select the two edges on either side of the gap and try to bridge them. Any idea why these other faces refuse to bridge?

# 5 29-04-2015 , 03:01 PM
Can you post your scene file and I could take a look?