Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-04-2015 , 04:37 AM

How to fill gap in model

I can't figure out how to get faces created in this gap for my model. I can't get an edge created between the vertices so I can bridge them to fill the gap from the outside of my bowl to the inside of. Anytime I try to connect the vertices it's only let me do it on the surrounding faces to an edge and not across the gap.

https://i.imgur.com/0vagrEe.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-04-2015 , 01:29 PM
Try the bridge tool for this.

# 3 28-04-2015 , 01:58 PM
after watching another tutorial this morning I think I know what I was doing wrong. I was only selecting one edge and trying to bridge that. I'll try giving this another shot when I get home. Thanks!

# 4 29-04-2015 , 02:59 PM
Well the bridge somewhat worked. The two faces at the bottom that come in at an angle I was able to bridge however the two other faces which come straight down refuse to bridge. Nothing happens when I select the two edges on either side of the gap and try to bridge them. Any idea why these other faces refuse to bridge?

# 5 29-04-2015 , 03:01 PM
Can you post your scene file and I could take a look?