Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-11-2003 , 06:49 PM

Skinned normals on refferenced model turn black when deformed.. help!!

Hi.

I have a rather urgent problem with a character that I'm rigging:

I have the model in a separate scene, that is refferenced into the scene where I rig. There I assign all of my blends, clusters and skinning.

I noticed something funny when I skinned the model: The materials disapered form the mesh. I found it to be an artifact of refferencing the mesh into to the scene. To fix it, I just reassigned the materials after applying the skinning.

Now that I'm allmost through I find that when I turn the model eg. 180 in Y, it turns all black! Also in the render. I tried setting the normals to facing when the model is truned 180, and that solves the problem.. Until I go back to Y=0, and she's black again.

If I apply a poly smooth, with divisions set to 1 or higher, there is no problem, but it gets quite impossible to animate on.

Can somebody tell me what's going on? And how to fix it maybe?! My deadline is in 3 days!

Thanks,
Nenox

# 2 01-11-2003 , 07:07 PM
The Maya Mountain
can't say I've heard of that before.

# 3 01-11-2003 , 11:10 PM
Subscriber
I've seen this before, I think.
Have you tried, normals - conform?