Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 08-02-2003 , 06:37 PM
This is looking great. I especially like your new arm pics. Wow! Great form!

# 17 08-02-2003 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber
thanks

and when you think something is good enough to post, a big mistake jumps into the eye user added image

the tendom on the biceps was a bit off. so here is a close up with the fixed tendom.

# 18 09-02-2003 , 08:08 AM
Subscriber
really nice organic modeling!

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 19 10-02-2003 , 06:50 AM
Subscriber
:wow: it's looking good
great job mate user added image

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 20 10-02-2003 , 09:42 PM
Subscriber
thanks for the nice feedback. update. started to construct the hand. it is right now 2 nurbs planes (top and down of palm). but i had a little problem between the fingers - they are right now duplicated isoparms, that got lofted, and then out of the loft i duplicated isoparms, chaped them. and than i birailed them. and the history of maya is the next best thing to sliced bread :banana: - as it leaves the birails in place as long as i change the other patches user added image

suggestions, comments are greatly appreciated user added image

# 21 10-02-2003 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
Looking good!

You know, these competetions are like great big tutorials for the rest of us...we are learning alot.

Keep it up!

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 22 11-02-2003 , 01:06 AM
Subscriber
cool duckie user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 23 16-02-2003 , 11:04 AM
I wish my bicep looked like that. I could go without the horns though! LOL

My best ideas come to me while in bed!
# 24 19-02-2003 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber
nurbs is tedious. i think i go back to poly. started with a face today. in polys. it is seamless, and there is only 2 exceptions to quad and 4 edged verts. and in picture you see both low poly and smooth. the red and blue is original low poly version.

# 25 19-02-2003 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
wow that red and blue man - its really psychadelic...cant look at it for too long user added image

Those horns look spot on. But Im like you - find nurbs monotonous...Do you create ur poly models from a primitive shape or do u use a poly mesh? Anyway from what I see its looking good so far. Nice work mate

# 26 20-02-2003 , 12:02 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by alexgc
wow that red and blue man - its really psychadelic...cant look at it for too long user added image

it is not meant for final object. just wanted to have something so i see where the verts are without needing them to show up. and it helps me to keep the model clean.

Do you create ur poly models from a primitive shape or do u use a poly mesh?

neither. the face is the first poly model so far in this project - the others are still nurbs. and i am not starting with a primitive shape, unless you call a poly plane primitive shape. for the face i "stitched" together a few poly planes and based on that made use of split polygon tool and merge vertices. and usually i make massive use of the create polygon tool, combining, and merging verts.

thanks

# 27 20-02-2003 , 12:41 PM
Subscriber
I know its not for the final object mate - i was kidding user added image

Ahh planes...of course - i was wondering how u kept it so clean. I tend to use poly mesh alot myself - obviously with the extrude and split polygon tools and merge vertices tools, but it can be a struggle to keep a clean wireframe.

Thanks Babyduck

# 28 23-02-2003 , 06:59 PM
Subscriber
yucc, polys dont want to work - redid the head today in nurbs. that is much more natural to organic modeling. and i think instead of making the area around eyes within the head surface, i will just trim out the eye lines - and fillet blend the eyesockets into the face the same way the horns will be connected (not yet as i will trim only when everything else is working ...

# 29 23-02-2003 , 07:29 PM
Subscriber
thats awesome!!!, now how did you make that head?? patches???

# 30 23-02-2003 , 07:55 PM
Subscriber

thats awesome!!!, now how did you make that head?? patches???

the head was once a half sphere, one pole (inside the mouth) was cutted out the other is at back of head. then it was massive use of pulling cvs, inserting isoparms, and pulling more cvs. after the half was about ready i duplicated, scaled along a axis to mirror, and attached both halfes. after it was closed, i moved the seam away from the nose. so it is not patches - only one closed surface, which has one hole (inside mouth). all other holes (the eyesockets, the ears, the horns) will be trimmed out - and fillet blended with horns, ears, and eye sockets.

thanks