Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 28-10-2003 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber

Gallery submission Cthulu Art

This piece is of a worshiping statue for the followers of Shab Naggurath. I used minimal light to bring out the 'B-Movie' brass like material I made. I call it 'B-Movie' brass because all gold statues in the Cthulu movies look like painted on brass. The blood tear is is there for contrast to the sculpture. And symbolizes the life giving force of the 'Great Old One', Shab-Naggurath.

Completion time 3 hours.

Attached Thumbnails

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 2 30-10-2003 , 01:55 PM
I dont think that there's anywhere near enough detail... sorry. Everything seems flata and uninteresting.... The Head which is actually pretty well modelled from what I can see is just lost completley in the darkness. The blood is quite nicely done but again a bit flat. The tubes out of the back of the head need a lot more work they look like bent cylinders... which I guess is what they are. This could be a cool piece but 3 hours isnt enough time to spend on it and IMHO it's not up to going in the gallery.

Please dont take these comments personally I'm just trying to help you out constructivley. I would start a WIP thread and take this as your starting point not finishing point user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 03-11-2003 , 08:17 PM
Subscriber
I have to agree with Pure on this it's to flat and needs more work before it could go in the gallery.

# 4 24-11-2003 , 11:35 AM
The model is fine, IMO but you should put some more interesting textures on it and lighten it, maybe worth a thought.

I am not worthy!
# 5 27-11-2003 , 07:44 AM
the modeling is good, maybe some bump mapping would bring it to life more. other then that I like the modeling