Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 22-03-2017 , 07:06 PM

Workflow

Just want to find out if my thinking is correct. I am modelling and UVing in Maya, taking it into Substance Painter 2 to texture, and either Bake normals in SP2 or Marmoset then render either in Marmoset or Maya. Does that sound proper? I am learning environment modelling so will be mostly terrain, rocks, props and architecture.
Will also be using Zbrush Core so that would be maya for basic shape, zbrush core to detail, send to SP2 for textures then bake normals and assign textures and render.

also assuming I will bevel/add support edges on the base mesh that will have the normals map and shaders applied and not the one I detail.
If i'm missing something any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by dimeolas; 23-03-2017 at 05:50 AM.
# 2 23-03-2017 , 01:50 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Scott,

all sounds normal

J

# 3 27-03-2017 , 05:32 AM
Thx , appreciate the reply. School at times I think assumed we knew some basics.
user added image