Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 11-06-2005 , 01:06 PM

Make a dvd clip

Can anyone tell me how to make a dvd quality clip from my animation.I tried using the VideoMach program that Mike used in the render globals tutorial but the quality is poor.When I set the codec to uncompresed the playback is not good.I get flickering or just some frames ( it doesn't play smooth).Is there some program that I can use to convert that to DVD (.vob) or any format that will give me the wanted results.It doesn't even have to be DVD, just as long as I get the full resolution (at least 2k) and it plays smooth.Thanx

# 2 15-06-2005 , 06:40 PM

# 3 16-06-2005 , 06:09 AM
You said atleast 2k resolution? Never heard of that before... what size is it?

(If you're thinking about something other than NTSC/PAL/480i/720p/720i/1080i/whatever then please tell me :b)

# 4 16-06-2005 , 08:42 AM
Subscriber
2K resolution is a commonly used resolution in film. 2k res is usually 2048 x 1556.

LisaG.

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 5 16-06-2005 , 11:14 PM
Exactly
You can see the options in the render globals window under resolution presets.There are four of the same kind (1 to 4k square) 1k being the 1024/1024 and 4k being 4096/4096.If you wand you can adjust the high and lenght so it doesnt have to be squared like the default ones.You can probably customize it if you want to make a 16:9 frame.

# 6 16-06-2005 , 11:30 PM
I was just wondering how you'd fit it on a DVD at that resolution... most DVD burning software swaps it to NTSC full/widescreen formats (some maybe 720p/i and 1080i)... unless you meant as a /non/ playable format in which case simply burning the video (on a lossless codec if you wish to have perfect quality) as straight data would work...

.VOB would convert it to lesser resolutions...

I personally use Quicktime Pro being as it creates an alphachanneled video (great for compositing) and I don't see any quality loss if configured correctly -- but don't rely on my newbish-eye for that. It also strings the frames together in proper order pretty decently aswell... and the Alphachannel makes for EASY AfterEffectsing.

I knew there was 2k square format in Maya -- just didn't know what you were asking because you sounded like you wanted to burn it to a DVD -- which would transfer it to a TV-playable format... then again I never did anything for the Theatre (yet?) so I didn't know what highres format they took.

# 7 18-06-2005 , 01:20 AM
Thats exactly what I wanted to know, dude.My converting settings needed adjustments.I didn't even need that high resolution, just got caried away with it.Since I'm not using a mac I'm not realy familiar with QuickTime, I downloaded a trial not long ago and I couldn't even find the full screen option.Anyway that tmpgenc tool did the job OK.Thanx

# 8 18-06-2005 , 01:31 AM
I'm not on a Mac either -- Quicktime pro still did me good...

Glad you got your answers though.