Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-07-2005 , 01:00 PM

Character: Iguantus and Tuskadon

I started this a little while ago. I plan to do both the characters in the attached picture. This guys are from one of the Spawn series.

Here is a little story about them:

Iguantus - Once the most handsome and fearless knight of the kingdom. During her first days on earth, The Necromancer came across Iguantus and desired him to be part of her army...and her lust. Iguantus rebuffed the witch. Scorned, The Necromancer turned the handsome knight into a being, as she put it, more fitting of his name. Iguantus was turned into a creature hybrid, part human, part reptile. His mighty steed, the envy of all horseman was also transformed into a huge, hulking tusked brute named Tuskadon

Here are the actual models

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-07-2005 , 01:03 PM
Here is my work so far on Iguantus

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 06-07-2005 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber
Awesome!

McFarlane makes some wicked toys, I've been wanting to make a model of some for some time, but the pictures on the page aren't that good for reference and I can't draw if my life depended on it!

Anyone know where to buy the figures online? Pref. from within the EU... Or at least where to get some decent pics of them?

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 4 06-07-2005 , 02:39 PM
Thanks for the reply blomkaal. I actually bought this model off of someone on ebay and then took pictures of it myself for ref. I agree it is very hard to find good pics of their models.

# 5 13-07-2005 , 04:38 PM
here is a small update. I worked a little more on the gums around the teeth and also added a tongue. I opned the mouth so you can see better. I have to finish the inside top part of the mouth yet.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 13-07-2005 , 10:06 PM
Subscriber
hi, i dont know how much you know about reptiles, but at the joint of the jaws there is a flap of skin which flaps over the lower jaw slightly, theres not a gap like on urs, erm (kinda hard to explain), im modeling a gecko at the moment its too late to model what i mean now, but tomorrow i will model that part and show u what i mean, cya later.

# 7 14-07-2005 , 01:39 AM
Subscriber
good start.

dont clutter those edges too close to each other, otherwise youll start to get a rigid look.

# 8 27-07-2005 , 02:50 PM
I did some work on the body of my character. More specific the feet and legs. Le me know what you think

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 27-07-2005 , 02:51 PM
side view

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 27-07-2005 , 03:05 PM
I think that's looking pretty good but I just have one thing about the feet. It would take that beast quite a bit of practice to get used to balancing on those legs, seeing as how he has no heel or rear "bird-toe"(The extra toe behind the heel) Maybe if you just extend them a bit more. Other than that, I think you're off to a super start user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 11 02-08-2005 , 12:46 PM
Shadeblade: Thank you so much for the reply. I will certainly look into that issue for sure.

Here is an update on this guy. I worked somemore on the leg area and also a little on the body and arms. I also added a knife on the side leg. Let me know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 03-08-2005 , 06:45 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Brad James

Looks pretty good so far. Are you going to Z brush this at all and use a displacement for the final render?

_J

# 13 03-08-2005 , 08:57 PM
Subscriber
very clean modeling i like it, keep it up dude!!

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 14 04-08-2005 , 11:32 AM
Thank you so much for the replies. I'm not going to use zbrush because I have no clue how to use it.

Here is another pic.

Attached Thumbnails
# 15 04-08-2005 , 01:06 PM
Subscriber
man dude, if u learn how to use zbrush, this project for u can get really interesting user added image

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com