Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-09-2003 , 05:46 PM
Subscriber

UVs Backwards - Flipping not working

I am using Danny's uv tools to lay out the head of my barbarian chap for this months challenge.

I assigned the materials to the different groups of faces as per the tutorial and laid out the UVs, however I have noticed that on some of the shell the UV's on the right in the editor appear on the left of the model in the perspective view etc etc.

I tried selecting the shell of the bits that are backwards and flipping it over using poly flip UVs, but it says 'current selection does not match required selection type'. Should I be selecting something else?

Anyone got any ideas? I am a bit stuck as the bits that are not backwards don't match the bits that are. It was all going rather well too up until now....

# 2 20-09-2003 , 05:53 PM
Subscriber
Thought I would add a picture to assist.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 20-09-2003 , 07:40 PM
Subscriber
Oh idiot, select the faces not the UVs.....d'ohhh.

BTW these tools are great, thanks Danny, such a useful thing to have, highly recommended and thanks for version 2 with it's useful interface and things! Highly recommended to anyone going through the hell of unwrapping.

Last edited by Witchy; 20-09-2003 at 09:26 PM.