Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-06-2003 , 04:12 AM

help with basic person model

i downloaded the basic person modeling tutorial... i got it working and when i modeled it to the point that it looked like a sphere with a tube coming out of it... now when i extrude the faces to make the body shape it gives me bumps instead of straight sides...(it tells me something like tweaks with history will be undesireable) i am kinda new at this whole maya thing... i have 4.0 and besides not knowing how to move the camera angle very fast... i dont know how to fix these problems... well if anyone could help me and letme know what i am doing wrong and let me know how to fix this problem... i would be most grateful... >_< ^_^

Dark hacker... and by the way if anyone wants to contact me via AIM... my screenname is Darkhacker420... thanx a bunchuser added image

P.S.: ill proly have a bunch of more problems... so thats why i put up the tread... instaed of post... lol user added image

# 2 06-06-2003 , 09:05 PM
I think you have Keep Faces Together unchecked.

Go to Polygon > Tool Options > Keep Faces Together.

About moving the camera. It's really just how fast youmove the mouse around.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 3 07-06-2003 , 06:03 AM

it worked

SWEET C|-|R!ST ON A CRACKER! IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH! i was starting to get wicked angry at it... and now i can finish this thing and not have it mess up on me... im 4eva in ur debt... thanx a bunch

~DaRkHaCkEr

# 4 11-06-2003 , 10:02 AM

another problem

yeah... i cant make a cab for this car i am making... i just have a large box and the seats&dash are missing... and it wont let me merge the verts to make the box attach to the car so its just kinda hangin out there... alos i am makin my car in polies and when i make the holes for where the tires go... and then smooth it... the tireholes are still block... which makes the car look uber crappy... i bow to the and ask...

:bow: what am i doing wrong master :bow:

if you could tell me i would be most grateful

~:spam3:

# 5 11-06-2003 , 10:05 AM

turnout on the character tut

oh also... thanx for the tip... i got the basic character shape done... but i dunno how to add specific detail to it... (i.e.: nose, mouth... balls, etc., etc....)

thanx for all your help pplz

# 6 23-06-2003 , 05:20 PM
going for anatomically correct huh?

and man, its more fun to make a female modeluser added image

cant help you though. maybe i can come over tomorrow and you can show me ow you made the person though.