SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Texturing Help

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

13-10-2004, 01:13 AM   #1
alienware197

Texturing Help
I have finally created some models that I feel are worthy enough of being textured. Upon trying to conquer this feat, I realized I had not a clue HOW to texture. I realize that I have to use a UV map (though I do not know how), and use the map for the texturing of my objects. I'm reallly lost on how I go about a complete process of texturing my models. I recently downloaded the "Texturing Basics" Tutorial, yet I found it to have little help with this matter. If someone could possibly explain the process that I would need to take for my texturing, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you .
13-10-2004, 05:33 PM   #2
Omy

what kind of models they are would help a bit, ill see if i can walk u threw, if i know what kind of models they are, organic, face, car..
13-10-2004, 10:17 PM   #3
Drought
Subscriber

Also, there is a Texturing Basics video in the video training section by Michael McKinley. You will also need to have photoshop.

http://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=94

Drought
14-10-2004, 12:31 AM   #4
alienware197

Well the first model is actually a T-Rex from the T-rex modeling DVD from Simply Maya, Which is a smoothed-poly high-res model. And the second is a Face, like the T-rex, it is a smoothed-poly high-res model as well.