SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Can Maya make a model (pattern) follow a path? "Like" in Illustrator?

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

17-01-2015, 01:55 AM   #1
Bnof007

Can Maya make a model (pattern) follow a path? "Like" in Illustrator?
Hi, I'm a newbie user in Maya, and I want to make some bags, backpacks in 3D. But it would be a pain in the neck making some things again and again (preferencialy) the ZIPPER. The zipper is different and have other position in the bag and the backpack. I was thinking if there is a way of making a pattern (some model) follow a curve without the needing of making all the entirely process of modeling again and again... The best "practical" example is that in the Adobe Illustrator you can draw a line (can be a curved line) and make a brush pattern follow the path... Like this:

In Maya this is possible?

Thanks!! (and sorry for my bad English... XD)
17-01-2015, 02:09 AM   #2
Bnof007

A was searching the forum and found this awesome tutorial:
http://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-...=324&sub_cat=0

I think that I can do it with this technique...

Sorry for posting this thread