Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 22-09-2006 , 02:36 AM
Subscriber
frig join, I mean, I have lofted a surface between the two offset text outlines, but imagine that is just the depth of the text surfaced, the face as you'd see it on 2d is missing. I add the surface to that face, then have 2 or more separate geometry, which i have to combine, and join the stray verts and add more to avoid splitting etc.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 17 22-09-2006 , 02:45 AM
Subscriber
@ SomeGuy: I don't know whether to slap you or buy you a beer! Spent all night pi**ing about manually editting text etc. Seriously though cheers, another day, another basic lesson learnt. Thanks to Neo and PM for the other suggestions as well! user added image

# 18 22-09-2006 , 03:17 AM
Subscriber
hey j5ive,

any chance of getting a look on what you are doing? I've been doing something with text in maya myself a couple of months ago, so I'd be interested to see what you've been up to.

cheers

# 19 22-09-2006 , 03:28 AM
Subscriber
Sure, when It's finished I'll post it, which hopefully now should be within the next day or two, it's only a 5 or so second start up intro for a game engine with some nice hdr. Here's where I'm at so far... https://sparjstudios.com/final.rar no text yet though