Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 10-03-2003 , 12:20 AM
Real 3D was the first blood for me in 1995 but 3dsmax was the app that I actually got. Used it until last year and now I've been working with Maya for about 8-9 months. The Andrea Gail project I'm doing right now will hopefully be my best work so far but there's some other work at my site too (link in sig.).

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 17 10-03-2003 , 12:31 AM
oh, you are doing Andrea Gail?? didn't know that..
I love it... best boar i've seen in maya.. how did you make those texxtures?,... where?
thanx

# 18 10-03-2003 , 02:17 AM
wow, everyones atleast used a 3d program before, and for a long time.

I've never used any 3d progam until January 2003. Thru mindless web surfing i found the AW site and found Maya 4.5 PLE. Downloaded it and searched web for how to use it. Found this site and now i'm trying to learn. TRYING. haven't been having great luck. But eventually will.

- Matt
# 19 10-03-2003 , 02:41 AM
hey, mshoward82
don't worry, you'll get to it.... I've been using maya for 1 month ..
check out this... user added image
oh, and modem-users, sorry if my picture is not in "save for web"
couldn't stand it... user added image

# 20 10-03-2003 , 02:44 AM
Simply Maya OG
It all just takes time my friend. You'll get it if you stick with it.

- Hybrid
# 21 10-03-2003 , 03:00 AM
WOW LSphinx
Thats better than i can do. user added image

Once I get better at modeling, Im going to try to finally figure how to texture. I don't understand much of it yet.

Your picking it up faster than me.

Like the Pen. My roommate has that pen. user added image

- Matt
# 22 10-03-2003 , 03:16 AM
oh, really? (your roommante has this pan?)
that's cool.. I have it too.. that's actually where I modelled it of...
navy right??
thanx user added image

# 23 10-03-2003 , 03:36 AM
Subscriber
I have been using Maya since January, with no prior knowledge of anything 3d be it application or drawing or anything. I have no work worth posting hehe, I'm still in the tutorial stage, trying to do as many tut's as possible. I'd love once I get to be average at modelling to go more into the animation side of things but thats a wee way off yet user added image Im 2nd year Uni student also and am doing a degree in Computer Science, there is a 3rd year paper on graphics and I know it covers things such as IK raytracing etc and other basics but other than that one paper I am teaching myself through tutorials etc.

# 24 10-03-2003 , 07:36 AM

Originally posted by LSphinx
oh, you are doing Andrea Gail?? didn't know that..
I love it... best boar i've seen in maya.. how did you make those texxtures?,... where?
thanx

I took some photos and used them as source for painting the textures in photoshop. Some of the textures are procedural...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 25 11-03-2003 , 03:14 PM
3d Max about two years ago
Maya since last year´s September. Found it the best one so far, but on the long run, I need a cheaper package.
Getting into Lightwave now.

# 26 11-03-2003 , 04:17 PM
Subscriber
I have been using Maya since January 11, 2003, which is already 2 months from now. Maya is my first introduction to 3D world. So far, it absorbs all my time and energy, which is bad because I am a student from another discipline.
I haven't posted anything to the forum because I am not satisfied with my work so far. However, I post some of them today.user added image

Thanks.
Ohyeah

# 27 11-03-2003 , 04:52 PM
Subscriber
I don't know how to post more than one image at a time. Anyway, here is my kinda of star trek tie that I built after SM's tutorial tie.

Thx.
Ohyeah

# 28 11-03-2003 , 08:36 PM
very nice, I like it a lot!!..
great work <--> ohyeah user added image
thanx

P.S. Anyone else wana post something?? user added image

# 29 11-03-2003 , 10:39 PM
Subscriber
ok here is mine user added image
maya intensively for about 4 months (before just maya admirer) but i prefer to script and write using the API (still learning).

Konstantinos

You know, there are at least two ways of getting things done... Your way and the right way...
# 30 12-03-2003 , 12:02 AM
Subscriber
Started with lightwave years ago, used that for about a year, was such a brilliant program, stopped as i lost interest in 3D cos i was watching SG-1 more and more and now i am obsessed user added image
continued to watch SG1 for aaaages and still do as i played wth demos of bryce and poser
then i got into max due to its gaming nature, loved that, spent 1 year with that before school got really hard so i stopped with 3D again
continued with SG-1 and schoolwork
and i think it was just before summer of 2001 someone kindly donated their computer+maya to me and ive been using maya ever since. been playing with XSI 2 demo as well, nice prog

ive been using maya for about 2 years, but what i find weird about me, is ive learnt so much about what each button in maya does and the technical side of the actual program, i just dont actually get around to MAKING anything
so if you have a problem with something in maya, gimme a shout and ill help, but if you asked me to model you a banana, f*ck that user added image cant do it to save me life. although technically i should be able to do it as i have the knowledge, just dont have the patience or time (school, again) at the moment

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com