Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-09-2011 , 07:33 AM
Acid44

Maya 2012 Sometimes Switches Windows

Every time I hit the spacebar a few time quickly to switch views, I get switched from Maya to another window (Opera, photoviewer, etc.). Anyone else have this issue, or know a way around it? This along with a broken scroll wheel is destroying my workflow D:

Don't really know what terms to use to scour Google for the answer...

Stuff:

Win7 x64
Maya 2012
EVGA GTS250
4Gb DDR2 @800MHZ

# 2 19-09-2011 , 11:55 AM
Technical Director
Sounds more like a rogue windows hotkey than a Maya issue to me. Perhaps with your broken scroll wheel, it's activating something. Eg. Space + Scroll down; which might trigger a window switch.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 19-09-2011 , 12:07 PM
Acid44
I figured it would be a windows hot key thing, no idea how to change them though, only one I know to fix is sticky keys.

I know it isn't the scroll wheel though, this was happening before the scroll wheel broke, and the wheel isn't active at all

# 4 20-09-2011 , 01:23 AM
Happens to me all the time; Win7 64, and Maya 2012. Never had it before 2012. I noticed when I hit space, it is like the Maya window is no longer the active window; it turns the filebar, or whatever, to a greyish colour, denoting that another window is selected. I'm thinking it must have something to do with this. No idea how to fix it though, Acid.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 5 20-09-2011 , 05:03 AM
Acid44
Yeah, that's what happens to me if I have noting else open and close Rainmeter. But if anything else is open, even Rainmeter, it will switch. I would run it with everything closed, cause then I'd just have to click the window again rather than switching over from whatever it switches to, but I need to monitor my system temperatures D:

# 6 20-09-2011 , 07:28 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
happens all the time to me I just got tired of bitchin about 2012

# 7 20-09-2011 , 12:20 PM
Acid44
This is the only problem I really have with it, so far. Then again, all I do is model, so I don't have much of a range of problems available to come across

# 8 06-10-2011 , 02:45 AM
Yep. MAYA is constantly switching windows on me. I just love love love coming back to four view and having two fronts, two sides or the perspective view in the lower 3rd.

Thanks MAYA 2012. What fun!

Honestly, I'm seeing so many bugs since switching from 2011 it's like the re-re-re issue of Star Wars where they fixed Luke's saber color on the Falcon in one scene and forgot to fix it in all the rest. I mean, doesn't anybody road test these things?