Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 21-09-2014 , 03:07 AM

Wireframe on shaded help

Hey guys just need a little help on wireframe on shaded. Pretty much I have an object duplicated. I need one to have wireframe on shaded and the duplicate to not have it on. Is there a way to do that?

# 2 21-09-2014 , 05:42 PM
EduSciVis-er
Do you want a render or just in the viewport?
For the first one, you'll want to have two different shaders, one with contours on and one off. Or just composite that after.
For the viewport, I don't know that there is a way to use wireframe on shaded to certain objects. Depending on what you want, you could just select one of them. Or you could composite a screenshot. Or you could copy your modelling panel (Panel > Tear off copy) and have one with wireframe on shaded and one without. Not sure exactly what you want but hopefully one of those solutions will work for you.

# 3 21-09-2014 , 11:32 PM

Hey guys just need a little help on wireframe on shaded. Pretty much I have an object duplicated. I need one to have wireframe on shaded and the duplicate to not have it on. Is there a way to do that?

Hi there, i am new in maya, like 2 days, i want to learn and help, if i understand right then you can do this:

when you select your object you have> channel box / layer editor and attribute editor, click on the channel box/layer editor, there you have a panel for layers, first click on Layers >> Create empty Layer, after you did that, in the scene select 1 object only, after is selected in" object mode", select the empty layer you made, right click on layer >> Add selected objects, do the same for your next object"add new layer, add ur object", you will have your objects on different layers, now you can play with layer option, in front of each layer you have two boxes, first one is to make ur object visible or invisible"V", the second box is to make object shaded or wireframe, you can change that to the layer u need.

Last edited by Bapichu; 21-09-2014 at 11:39 PM.