Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-05-2005 , 05:40 PM

Please Critique

The buildings were modeled in Maya and the light poles on the bridge and some of the windows were done Photoshop

Please critique!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 13-05-2005 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
Your main building is reflecting something weird there. Also the image is extremely grainy - any reason? I dont know why you would choose to photoshop anything on to such a simple scene, was it necessary?

There is a nice ambience there but you need to tidy it a lot.

# 3 13-05-2005 , 07:13 PM
What I need to do is remove the reflective surface off of the front building. I think I have a blinn material on it. The reflection you see is of another building in the scene. It's actually a pretty big City scene. I just decided to condense the shot into a couple of buildings. The grain and sepia tone I thought was a cool added effect, something a little different. I will clean it up a bit and repost it. Thanks for the critique!

Last edited by gstapleton; 13-05-2005 at 07:18 PM.
# 4 15-05-2005 , 07:00 PM
Subscriber
Ahh ok your explanation solves a lot of my problems with the piece. From knowing this info, I would say:

Model the windows on the buildings you are showing in your 'closeup' of these few buildings. I would say things like the lights model those too. The grainy thing might work but I would be more subtle with it. Hope this helps user added image I like the whole star-warsy feel to the tall buildings tho, cool ambience.