Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 166 28-02-2006 , 09:49 PM
Subscriber
https://les-smileys.com/smiley/Panneaux/yaissev.gif T1ck

Apart from these details on some hairs and tongue color, ow that's all amazing man :bow:

And really, his look is just, ... living.

ps :about the border lips hairs, well, maybe some small patch with a 10k hairs ? ... allowing you some more "artistic licence" :attn: , but as Jay mentioned, I would not recommend tweaking your master shave maps so far.

Well, respect for such a quick S&H brilliant learning user added image (... and for what was previooooosly done)

# 167 28-02-2006 , 11:23 PM
Thanks guys user added image

just posted my final entry - its more or less the same as before as I was having problems rendering an image out (couldn't do an ultra high duuude level render).

Thanks for the comments about changes - I've smoothed off the hair round the bottom of the lips as it was needed but didnt have time to add some hair patches to make it more realistic.

pixiekiller - I was working off a few reference pics where the tongue doesnt look black at all - maybe it was the lighting that caught me out in them, its a good fact to know though user added image

pyrus - I never got around to 'roughing' the longer fur up as you suggested - I was only using 5parts to the hairs which probably made them look straight and thin. Next time though and it will be different!

Thanks to everyone that has had some input into the final piece - much appreciated!
Now I can get back to a regular sleep pattern for a bit.... user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 168 01-03-2006 , 01:37 AM
wow man- just wow

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 169 01-03-2006 , 04:18 AM
Great work, Mr. T1ckle. Your bear is much closer to reallity! Congratulations for this great job. And thanks for all advices you gave me during this challenge. You're great!

# 170 01-03-2006 , 08:45 AM
thanks MattTheMan user added image though as I look at it more now I want to re-render that fur - oh well

thanks to you too jramauri user added image its great to bounce observations off each other and help make us that little bit better - much appreciated for all your help!

and to everyone else who gave c&c, its so easy to miss things when you look at the same model for two months user added image
Good luck all!

www.flash-fx.net
# 171 01-03-2006 , 08:53 AM
Amazing work t1ck135! And thanks for all of your help mate. Good luck!

user added image

# 172 01-03-2006 , 09:17 AM
Subscriber
Good luck in the comp, excellent modeling and brilliant job with the fur!! those wires were great too. user added image

# 173 01-03-2006 , 11:41 AM
BEW-TEE-FOL!!!

Way to finish, dude! The yellow tint to the fur really adds to the image.

# 174 01-03-2006 , 11:54 PM
19 year Veteran
Awsome modeling, awsome fur, awsome render!! The only problem I have with it is the grid that is over the pic. Why the grid? Is it for copyright issues?

Anyway best of luck!user added image

You still intrested in the bone texture tut I mentioned early on in this thread?

# 175 02-03-2006 , 04:27 PM
thanks guys user added image

No probs arran, I'm real happy you got it finished. With the next challenge/model you will only go from strength to strength!

thanks magicsy user added image

cheers dave, I think your's has got the realism aspect right for the challenge - good luck!

thanks THX1138, the grid is overlaid on the fur part of the render as its the demo. I could have rendered the eyes/mouth out without it but then it would look wierd. Also I spent a couple of hours trying to get rid of it (photoshopping it) in the high res picture but ran out of time to remove it all.
I'd definately interested in the bone texture tut, it'd be nice to make the skull render more realistic user added image

www.flash-fx.net