Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-05-2003 , 06:00 PM

PC-Mac file problem

At college i mostly use Macs [there like the iMACs, only all white] and when i save any work from my home PC on to CD and open it on the college Macs, all the name of the files are now in capitals, and most of the file name has been removed. This is very annoying, especially when i have work that is linked, like Director stuff.

My only resolution to this is to have a copy of the original file(s) and rename them in capitals with the correct number of characters, and redo the links in the work to fit the new file names.

I know there a lot of Mac guys here, is this a common problem and dose anyone have a solution.

user added image

# 2 05-05-2003 , 11:19 PM
This is a common problem when going from Windows to Mac OS 9. It is not an issue with OS X. It's been a long time since I've worked in OS 9, but if I recall correctly, there was a system extension you could install that allows OS 9 to read Joliet-formatted CDs (that's usually the default CD burning format on Windows). If that's too hard to track down or if you aren't allowed to install anything on your school's computers, then you might try burning the CD as an ISO 9660 disc.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job