Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-01-2016 , 11:23 AM
Subscriber

Robot Volume 1 - Copy request

Hello,

I have completed the first module! Finally, the only step left to do is the Special Duplicate step for both the arm and leg.

Unfortunately, when I attempt to do this simple task the duplicated objects turn black (just like in my previous forum post). I've tried reversing the objects, does not work.

I would be most grateful if someone could duplicate the objects for me. I would really like to complete the tutorial.

The file size is 2.8M. My email address is david.dobrasz@gmail.com

Thanking in advance for your time and help.

# 2 13-01-2016 , 12:33 PM
SM Tea Boy
Sorry I do remember seeing your email now, I was heading out at the time and then completely forgot about it.

Try this way select the arm all the components, group them, delete the history. Select duplicate special and set the scale to -1 in all three axis. I've just tried this on your file and it works on 2016.

If you still have problems let me know in this thread and i'll send you the file.

Sorry about not getting back to you i simply forgot.
All the best
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 14-01-2016 , 11:47 AM
Subscriber
No probs!

Followed your instructions (as well as multiple variations) and unfortunately the problem remains - the duplicated arm / leg turn appear black.

What could be causing the objects to appear black? I've opened other projects to test the function and it works fine. Is the any other work around?

In any case, I would be grateful if you could email me the complete model. Nice to have a complete model.

Many thanks

# 4 14-01-2016 , 11:50 PM
SM Tea Boy
Try selecting the black objects and reversing the normals. I'll send you the file but it would be better to sort out the thing that's causing you the problem

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 20-01-2016 , 11:39 AM
Subscriber
Hi David,
Must have been a MAYA problem. I recently installed MAYA 2016 and the issue has resolved.
Thanks again for your help, I have a complete model. BTW - are you planning to upload a rigging tutorial series?
Cheers,