SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Maya Technical Issues / Lights not rendering, Please help!

Maya Technical Issues Post all your interface and configuration related problems with Maya software here.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

01-12-2003, 06:04 AM   #1
Pilchard

Lights not rendering, Please help!
I have a scene, and have renered some previous sections ok. However, upon coming to render now, the lights in the scene do not light the scene! I have deleted all the lights and added new ones but the scene remains black, (apart from the fog I have). The fog parameters have not altered, so it is not that, (tried it with fog deleted as well).

The scene renders fine in Mental Ray and the vector renderer, but not maya software! (I need the post effects!).

Any help much appreciated!

Maya 5.0.1
29-12-2003, 05:10 AM   #2
dave_baer

Hey Pilchard, sorry for the late reply on this, but I assume with no re-post from you that you solved the issue?

Let me know if you're still having problems.
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
29-12-2003, 12:33 PM   #3
Pilchard

For the project I was working on, I worked around it by importing the character into an blank version of the enviroment. It happened again a few times, so if you could help, it may save me re-posting at a later date when it happens again!

Many thanks, Richard.