Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-02-2005 , 07:00 PM
Subscriber

displacing paint effects??

is there a way to displace paint effects curves??

For example, I have a scene with water and the water has displacement. I would like to paint (moss) on the water in order for it to flow simultaneously. Is there a way to do this??

# 2 08-02-2005 , 08:24 PM
Curves on surface? make the surface live and then just draw the paint effects directly onto the surface? i think that should animate with the surface.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 10-02-2005 , 03:32 PM
Subscriber
Thank you but I did try that. I started out with a live surface and created a curve on it. Then I used that curve to create the stroke for the paint effects. The history on the curve allows the paint effects to move and be manipulated when the CV's of that surface are but the displacement on that surface doesn't register with the paint effects. Looking for answers...thanks to all

# 4 10-02-2005 , 03:36 PM
Subscriber
Oh yeah, I also treid to attach the displacement map to the surface offset of the paint effects and it seems as though the offset accepts only one value at a time and didn't register the whole texture as a value like I was expecting. Thanks again