Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-05-2005 , 02:49 PM
Subscriber

May/June - NOOB - brentlyDavis

This one should have some pretty cool entrants and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's work.

I'm planning on modeling a serpant. It might be a little bit more of a simple geometric animal but I'm hoping to have this help my texturing abilities. hope all goes well. Now on to my animal. This serpant is practically shot straight out of hell. It is extremely venomous and large with Fangs that don't retract to give them more strength to bite through some of the tougher skinned animals. it also has a razor sharp horn on the tip of its nose should it need to ram something and a row of spikes along the back. all of wich produce venom at a moments notice. it can get as long as 35 feet and has been known to attack humans. Hopefully I can make it look like the devil himself.

Attached is my reference image.

Attached Images

"So the Doctor Sais I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there."
~Ralph Wiggum
# 2 05-05-2005 , 08:47 AM
man, can't wait to see something of it!

# 3 09-05-2005 , 01:38 PM
Subscriber
I apologize for not posting anything for a while. Haven't had much time do work on it until this weekend. But I did get to crack down on it Saturday and got quite a bit done. I also realize that it wouldn't be nice of me to go from a nothing model to what I consider "nearly" ready do I saved my WIP pics to share with you all so you give me some good feedback. I HOPE. Thank you for visiting my forum. ENJOY.

~first off I wanted to get the Proportions correct.

Attached Thumbnails

"So the Doctor Sais I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there."
~Ralph Wiggum
# 4 09-05-2005 , 01:39 PM
Subscriber
And smoothed. I was quite happy with this for a start

Attached Thumbnails

~Ralph Wiggum
# 5 09-05-2005 , 01:41 PM
Subscriber
Next I got to work on the fangs and nostral area. This part was kinda tedious to get to look right and I still feel like I need to come back to it.

Attached Thumbnails

~Ralph Wiggum
# 6 09-05-2005 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber
The back fin. Still needs a lot

Attached Thumbnails

~Ralph Wiggum
# 7 09-05-2005 , 01:46 PM
Subscriber
And some nice added charecter detail and the beginings of the horns.

Attached Thumbnails

~Ralph Wiggum
# 8 09-05-2005 , 02:36 PM
Looking weirder every WIP, but it is good stuff.