Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-12-2002 , 12:21 AM
Subscriber

how do i make this thing!!!???

i am totally confused right now... this is the third car i am going to make... and then second with nurbs/polys....

the last one i made was the new v-audi.... can be found in the WIP section(Audi hunchback thread)... it had a polygon count of 47,000!!, so i left it there....

this one i am thinking of making is the new mini cooper... can some of you guru's give me some advice...(i dont wanted to screw myself up in the progress)... nurbs/polys... and i have a small 1:30 scale model of the car.... and here are the blue prints:

https://www.suurland.com/blueprint_x....ni_cooper2.gif

i really need help on this one....
Tariq

# 2 10-12-2002 , 01:50 AM
SM Tea Boy
moving to Maya Chat

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 12-12-2002 , 02:55 PM
Subscriber

Car Modeling

Would prefer Nurbs for this (what else ;O))

https://www.blissdd.com/

is a good tutorial, and should be known !!

Try make curves and birail them attach them...just take a look at the tutorial...or, if you have enough money..there's a new gnomon video GTA Race Car...how to model a race-car...step by step..

It's up to you...show us the progress...

b u l l e t

# 4 12-12-2002 , 05:14 PM
Subscriber
i know that tutorial and i have made cars before in Maya... but this one just freaks me out!!! especially the bonet and the bumper in the front.... damn!!!