Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-05-2007 , 08:21 AM

bad performance

maybe someone could help me out of misery. since yesterday, idk why, all of a sudden I have this real bad performance with textures in viewport. when textures are far away - no prob. but when I zoom in, the closer I get the badder maya is performing. it goes down to about 2-3 fps when the camera is really close to the textured object.

so I had a look at the preferences. it doesnt matter what display settings are used.

hopefully someone has an idea..

________
edit:

reinstalled maya. problem solved

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.

Last edited by Falott; 30-05-2007 at 08:36 AM.
# 2 30-05-2007 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber
Hey Falott. Miss your work around here. Have you been busy?

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 3 30-05-2007 , 04:48 PM
hey mate!
yes I am. had been working at futureLab from Ars Electronica for the last year. was pretty much to do there but learned a ton. now working with an irish artist in vienna. but project is allmost finished and next week is exhibition opening in New York. then I finally got some time off. I can´t wait to do some work of my own again together with friends maybe. I´ll sure post then here.

thx for your kind words,
and have fun!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.