Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 03-12-2007 , 09:14 PM

My bicycle

This is my bicycle. Expecting your sincere comments.

Sumesh Chandran

Last edited by sumchans; 04-12-2007 at 04:13 PM.
# 2 03-12-2007 , 10:18 PM
Looks good, but your background makes the bike hard to see.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 3 03-12-2007 , 10:46 PM
Jr.Who
Here's a couple tips:

1. Change the background. Never use black (unless it calls for it) and never use a true white.

2. Add some shadows.

3. I'm assuming you saved this JPEG straight out of Maya? Try saving out as a PNG and then changing it to a JPEG in another program, because Maya does a horrible job with JPEGs.

user added image

# 4 04-12-2007 , 12:28 AM
it looks good but u can get perfect render with light maybe one more try hah!

# 5 04-12-2007 , 04:15 PM

Have a look into it.

T aking all your comments seriously i have made changes to the lightings and added shadows. Please have a look into it and comment on it. Awaiting your sincere comments.

Attached Thumbnails

Sumesh Chandran
# 6 04-12-2007 , 04:27 PM
Jr.Who
Wow, that looks a lot better! Did you export the JPEG from Maya again, because the image still looks a little low in quality?

# 7 04-12-2007 , 06:37 PM

Thankyou

Actually i dint get you. Can u just explain how to save the image in Maya. In this , in the render window i saved the image in png format. and then saved it to jpg. Is this the way you meant?
Please reply

Sumesh Chandran
# 8 04-12-2007 , 08:15 PM
Jr.Who

Re: Thankyou

Originally posted by sumchans
Actually i dint get you. Can u just explain how to save the image in Maya. In this , in the render window i saved the image in png format. and then saved it to jpg. Is this the way you meant?
Please reply

In the render window at the top left, go to File> Save Image and save it as a PNG. Then, in another app (like PS), save it as a JPEG.

# 9 04-12-2007 , 10:19 PM
looks nice user added image

the main thing that jumps out at me are the handlebars - they look far too narrow (as in across the bike width) than you would normally see on a racer bike.
I know the following image is at a slightly different angle but you get a good impression of the handlebar width on it:
https://www.uncrate.com/men/images/me...arbon-bike.jpg

Simon

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 10 05-12-2007 , 12:52 AM
Subscriber
Looks good man. Tickles has a point bout the handlebars, but it might just be your reference. Although if your reference is like that i would consider changing it anyway as i t does jstand out a bit.

But nice job user added image

# 11 05-12-2007 , 04:09 AM

Ty for all your comments!

Actually this bike is one of my own bike which i bought in 1990. For reference i had a snap of the bike with me. It looks really similar to the snap. Actually the bike you posted for my reference is kinda futuristic , means a latest model. Anyways its really glad to know u guys liked it
Thankyou

Sumesh Chandran