Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 20-12-2003 , 05:49 PM

Frame Extension ? for Live Video

Ok,

I have a .avi file that I want to put to a Maya plane for an "Interactive Live" scene. I am able to convert the .avi file to both .tiff and .jpeg using Moyeger 2.7.2.

When I try to import this into MAYA, I go to the Image Plane Attribute and select the format of the imported files. NOW, the problem seems to be that MAYA wants different file extensions to import the sequence (I am assuming pic1.1, pic2.2, etc). When I use Moyager, it makes the file formats like 000.jpg, 001.jpg, which I think should be the correct way to do it.

How do I tell MAYA to go by the sequential order of the file name, not the extension?

Chris, Baltimore.

# 2 20-12-2003 , 05:58 PM
Subscriber
If I remember correctly Maya needs them like this: imagename.ext.001, imagename.ext.002 and so on.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 3 20-12-2003 , 08:44 PM
Subscriber
I don't think so exactly.. I think it gose Name.001.jpg - Name.002.jpg etc..

# 4 21-12-2003 , 12:10 AM
Subscriber
From the docs. We were both right pony.

To use a sequence of image files to create an animation, the file name must be expressed in one of the following three formats:

name.#.ext
name.ext.#
name.#

where name is the base name of the file; # is the frame number (with or without leading 0s), ext is the file extension of the file.

To use a sequence of image files to create an animated file texture, the file extensions must be separated from the basename and/or the extension by dots (.).

For example, the following works:

test.1.iff
test.0001.iff
test.1
test.0001
test.iff.1
test.iff.0001

But the following would not work:

test1
test0001
test1.iff
test0001.iff

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 5 21-12-2003 , 12:29 AM

AVI to plane

If you have the avi file that excist then I have a link for you where MR.Michael Mckinley shows you how to do that connecting an AVI file to a plane. The site of Michael Mckinley is.

www.mtmckinley.net

Here you can find some tutorials.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks to Michael Mckinley for his free tutorials

# 6 21-12-2003 , 02:27 AM
Thanks for the quick responses guys...I actually wound up using Maya Live and it seems to be working ok...my next question is, how do I render the scene to an AVI file now with the background and animation in the scene?

Chris, Baltimore.

# 7 21-12-2003 , 02:32 AM
The Maya Mountain
# 8 21-12-2003 , 06:07 PM
That tutorial was VERY, VERY, VERY Good...I did learn a lot....

but it didn't answer my second question. I'm trying to render with a Maya Live video in the background. When I render, all I get is the character, not the video. Anyone know why this is occurring?

Thanks again....I really love this site and the tutorials.

Chris, Baltimore