Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 16-12-2003 , 05:47 PM
Yep! Will do that! Thanx a lot guys!

BTW. If u have any ideas how to make fields affect geometry to bend like a 'straw' in the wind......plz let me know! :-)

# 32 16-12-2003 , 05:52 PM
Subscriber
no i dont but I will look as it would be cool to know how to do.

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 33 21-11-2012 , 10:34 AM

The real answer.

Hi

I want to model using an image plane as background for the modeling.

It works fine putting on a image in the front and the side camera, and i can squeeze it back and forth in the attribute editor.

BUT - when i make my geometry, a sphere, and i try to wiev it in my 'side-wiev' it is ALWAYS behind the image plane!

I have tried to dolly the camera back and forth, turning of and on "fixed / looking through camera" - NOTHING :-( My Geometry is STILL behind the image plane!

What am i doing wrong?

I had the same problem...
See this tutorial - https://www.digitaltutors.com/11/training.php?vid=7270
Or
select images plane (view/image plane/image plane attributes)... then in the properties under placement click in depth then hold control and drag with right mouse button to slide the image forward and backward from your camera till it is behind your geometry.

j

# 34 28-07-2020 , 08:25 AM
hi bro , i have a solution for u , go to attribute editor of your camera that attach the image plan , chose environment tab , click on a cursor beside "Create" tab of Image Plane , go to Placement tab , increase the number of Depth .
hope it will help you .