View Poll Results: Do you want a Battle Forum?
Damn dude! Are you trying to start a fight? - No way 1 3.70%
Couldn't Care Less! 4 14.81%
Woohhooo - Bring It On Baby!! - sure thing 22 81.48%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-03-2003 , 12:32 PM
Kevin

Battle Forum Proposal !!

Here is an idea I would like to put to you guys!

It a "Vs Battle" - One on One!

Someone would post a Battle Request Thread, so for myself I might say -

Battle Request - "topic"

So for example I might say

Battle Request - Gun modeling

or

Battle Request - "Lighting Scene"

Then If anyone is interested in battleling that person then they apply! The first "yes" vote will be the one who battles that person.

Then the battle would commence, you would use your battle like the challenge area - posting updates as you go. Now here's the thing: NO DROPPING OUT! Once you say yes that battle should be seen through, as it would leave the other guy on his own - More then 2 dropouts and you are disqualified into entering for 1 year! :p

Now there's no time limit, the contestants finalise there own rules! So you have to agree on time length - if or not textures will apply etc: all the rules need to be set before battle commences.

Right so what you think?

Also we may have an "I challenge you" so maybe for example if you think yep...I really want to better my sub div skills so I'm going to challenge one of the best so I pick Kurt! Then you will say in your topic

Kevin V`s Kurt - proposal (then if Kurt accepts the thread will be edited to Kevin V's Kurt - Description)

Or maybe just talk amongst your self for people looking for battles and maybe you may both be on the same level to do battle

Now you have to respect the other guys wishes here, if he don't want to - or don't have time then that's it - No battle! If however he says "Ok then - If you think your Hard enough...come get some" then that's great! user added image

Now I think this could be a lot of fun! Its a great way for attacking your week areas to! For example I am shite at nurbs so I might want to do challenge a really good nurbs guy like mikey (sorry mikey I know your busy) LOL!

So there it is! All feedback would be great.. If I get more then 20 yes votes I will open a forum called "Battle Forum"

# 2 06-03-2003 , 12:37 PM
Kevin
Hell yeah - great Idea Kev!!

Im In user added image

# 3 06-03-2003 , 12:43 PM
Subscriber
GREAT IDEA MR KEV user added image
--
maybe you need a physciatrist

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 4 06-03-2003 , 04:19 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kevin
Hell yeah - great Idea Kev!!

Im In user added image

LOL, good stuff kevin.

AWESOME.. this would be great! And yes, i think it should be so that you dont choose someone (because they could be loaded with other work).. and instead they choose you when you post a battle requestest... and the whole battle should go on within 1 thread user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 5 06-03-2003 , 07:57 PM
Subscriber
that is one hell of an idea.... that will really increase someones skills, and test their maya skills.... head to head...

do you know of any doctor who treats mental disorders??? just jk.. user added image..... great idea!!

# 6 06-03-2003 , 07:59 PM
Subscriber

Re: Battle Forum Proposal !!

Originally posted by Kevin
Here is an idea I would like to put to you guys!

Kevin V`s Kurt - proposal (then if Kurt accepts the thread will be edited to Kevin V's Kurt - Description)

do you really that badly want to lose???

# 7 06-03-2003 , 10:16 PM
Kevin

Re: Re: Battle Forum Proposal !!

Originally posted by tariqrf
do you really that badly want to lose???

LOL You have little faith in me brother T!

If I was to spend some quality time on a project instead of 5 mins here and there it just might stand up to a good test :p

bring it on!! user added image

# 8 06-03-2003 , 10:18 PM
I'll join in this if thats ok?I voted in the poll. Is it ok uif I only have Maya PLE? Im sorry but Im not millionaires like the rest of you guys!user added image

Black_Robe

''Where do we go now?Where do we go now?...''
# 9 06-03-2003 , 10:20 PM
Kevin
LOL - I wonder who voted the first option?

Any ideas ? user added image

# 10 06-03-2003 , 10:25 PM
Kevin, since you seem to be posting soon after my last post then could you please answer my questions? Thanks user added image

Black_Robe

''Where do we go now?Where do we go now?...''
# 11 06-03-2003 , 10:34 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'm pretty sure PLE is allowed.... No reason not to. That watermark sure gets annoying though. user added image

# 12 06-03-2003 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, bring on! but be gentle user added image hehe

God Bless you and 3D
# 13 06-03-2003 , 10:59 PM
Subscriber
haha i love the idea, but does it have to be a forum? we cud make sum lil flash things and have lil arenas and stuff user added image ok, nm user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 14 07-03-2003 , 12:12 AM
Subscriber
Nem, thats a good idea! If someone created a battle page, like a layout for a battle.. when you can sign up through that page.. and then someone chooses to battle ya.. and then its like an arena user added image. But that would require lots of work user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 15 07-03-2003 , 12:13 AM

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job