Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-04-2011 , 05:06 PM

Sew works fine. Move and sew does nothing.

I guess this is some newbie problem but I cant find anything about it.

Sewing works just fine (but I dont need it.) However move and sew does nothing at all.

Just says "Result: polyMapSewMove1" but it hasnt moved at all. This edge I just cut off but cant sew it back on. (I could ofc undo but the problem is still here)

If I use the little button on the shelf for sewing I get: //Result: polyMapSewMove1

If I use it in the panel menu I get: // Error: Current selection doesn't match required selection type.

If I use shift-right-click i get: //Result: polyMapSewMove1

I guess i messed up some setting but there arent much in the "move and sew tool settings".

# 2 14-04-2011 , 05:45 PM
The Nurb Herd
// Error: Current selection doesn't match required selection type.

what did you select?

# 3 14-04-2011 , 05:47 PM
Hmm. I was just testing stuff out and if I took the small part (that was gonna be moved (and sewn)) and cut each of its faces apart. Then I could just select the connecting faces and move sew without problem.

But I'm positive that I have moved and sewn many faces at the same time before.

edit: reply to honestdom. I selected the exact same edges for the above operations but as I wrote it had diff results depending on which button I clicked.

Anyway here you can see teh selection. /edit

Attached Thumbnails