Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-05-2018 , 10:35 AM

Insert Edge Loop: How to Control Placement

Hi.

I am modeling plaques for bronze displays and need to establish an extruded frame all around the inside of the square edge. When I use the Insert Loop I see no little boxes or other indicators showing a decimal position for the line so I can match the placements. How do I control precise placement of the Insert Loops?

Thanks!

~T.~

Tim Lawrence
ConservationArts.net

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Croc_Plaque_02.jpg (313.8 KB, 10 views)
# 2 14-05-2018 , 04:36 PM
Bored but busy

Hi.

I am modeling plaques for bronze displays and need to establish an extruded frame all around the inside of the square edge. When I use the Insert Loop I see no little boxes or other indicators showing a decimal position for the line so I can match the placements. How do I control precise placement of the Insert Loops?

Thanks!

~T.~

Tim Lawrence
ConservationArts.net

Without the insert edgeloop tool selected and in object mode, after you insert the edgeloop, click on the polySplitRing node in the chanel box. The entry you want is weight.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 3 14-05-2018 , 05:06 PM
Thanks, Clocker. Will pursue. ~T.~